Founded in 1977, Pet Friendly Services of Indiana (formerly SNSI) is a statewide leader in animal welfare. Pet Friendly Services is leading the way to bring all shelters to zero-kill status, defined as having a live release rate of 90% or greater. In addition, Pet Friendly Services provides educational opportunities to Indiana shelters and rescue groups to enhance networking, information sharing, and to promote the adoption of strategic programs that save both lives and money. Pet Friendly Services also works to improve state legislation and local ordinances to better serve and protect Indiana’s cats and dogs. To learn more visit www.PetFriendlyServices.org
This position will be part-time over the course of the fall semester, working weekdays for approximately 8 hours per week, with flexible hours dependent on the student’s schedule. There is a possibility of some work outside of normal business hours depending on events and training opportunities.
Pet Friendly Services is looking for an enthusiastic intern to assist our team. In addition to office work, you will have the opportunity to conduct research projects, assist with fundraising and development initiatives and gain valuable insight and experience to the challenges and rewards of helping animals in the community. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- With the assistances of the Marketing Manager, generate content for internal & external communications (memos, newsletters, news releases, web & social media, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to produce copy/graphics for social media, collateral materials, or news articles.
- Organize initiatives and plan events.
- Assist with fundraisers, including Pet Friendly Services’ Nut Sale.
- Attend collaborative meetings and animal welfare training sessions to gain experience and insight into Indiana’s animal welfare initiatives.
- Conduct research projects for fundraising and development initiatives
Knowledge / Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creativity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of photo & video editing and design software is an asset.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Graduate or undergraduate student interested in animal welfare.
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Interested applicants should apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to rhi@PetFriendlyServices.org
Pet Friendly Services is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.